Vaseline has long been a cult classic product and whilst we know and love the iconic product for our lips, there are so many other uses that keep it a firm staple in our beauty bags.
Hi there! Good to have you! if are new to my blog my name is Silvy, Ghanaian by nationality I Started this blog as a way of documenting my journey as a blogger. Just like you i had and still have so many questions about blogging but my aim is to answer them all! In this blog you will find tips & tricks to help you become a better blogger and get noticed!
If you don't have a blog or you are thinking on starting one i strongly advice you to start your dream blog right now! I also had this blog as an idea and i'm glad i finally did it! If i did it, so can you!
With that out of the way, let's continue!
Vaseline is a triple-filtered substance, which ensures it is free from impurities and safe to use. While Vaseline is the name, the product is actually petroleum-jelly based product. In the past several years, we’ve seen Vaseline, or petroleum-jelly, make its way to skin creams, soaps, cleansers, deodorants, lotions, and many more skin and hair products.
There are so many ways you can use Vaseline. For example, mothers use it to prevent diaper rash. You can also use it to protect yourself from minor cuts and burns and to soften your skin.
For razor blades
To preventing your razors from rusting, carefully apply a thin layer onto a dried blade to protect it from the build-up of rust
Removes chewing gum from hair
Work a small amount into the hair until the gum slides away from the hair strands
Hair dye barrier
Smooth a layer over your hairline to prevent hair dye from dripping down onto your skin.
Apply it to your eyebrows before washing your hair to stop shampoo getting into your eyes.
To help remove elastic bands
It acts as a wonderful hair detangler and helps elastic bands to slip free.
On cuts and grazes
It acts as a barrier to keep out impurities and aids healing.
Popular posts you might enjoy!
For opening nail polishes
Apply to the neck of a nail polish bottle to stop the cap sticking closed.
For cracking cuticles
Apply to finger and toe nails to keep your manicure and pedicures looking as good as new
In humid weather, warm some into your palms before smoothing down stray hairs or frizzy roots
In most cases, people use this trick to remove hair on their armpits. Other problematic areas include hair on the upper part of the lips, pubic area, and the legs.
You will need only four simple ingredients for this trick. And we can surely bet you have all of them in your kitchen cabinet.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of gram flour
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons of milk powder
- ½ teaspoon of Vaseline
How to do it?
- Start by mixing all the ingredients except for Vaseline in a mixing bowl. Make sure you have a smooth and thick paste
- Add half a teaspoon of Vaseline, and continue mixing
- Apply the paste on your skin in direction of hair growth in problem areas
- Leave the paste to dry completely, it usually takes 5 to 10 minutes
- Once the paste is dry, remove in the opposite direction of hair growth. Wash your skin with warm water afterward, and that is it
- You can repeat the process on a daily basis, which will save you a trip to the beauty salon. The trick is especially handy for women who hate hair on their upper lips, but they do not want to go to the salon for few hairs
Potential side effects of using Vaseline
Petroleum-jelly has many benefits. However, what you need to remember is that it is for external use only. Do not eat or insert petroleum jelly. Avoid using it as a vaginal lubricant or for masturbation.
Potential side effects of using petroleum jelly include:
- Allergies, as some people are more sensitive and they can develop allergies when using petroleum-jelly derived products
- If you do not allow the skin to dry or clean the skin properly before applying Vaseline, you can cause fungal or bacterial infections
- Some people report breaking out after using petroleum jelly on their skin. The product can clog your pores, so make sure you clean your skin before you apply the product
- Petroleum jelly should not be used around the nose area in children, as it can increase aspiration risks
For longer-looking legs
When you’ve got your pins out, try highlighting your shins to give off the illusion of longer legs.
Prevent a dry nose
Dab a little under your nostrils to prevent dry skin and inside your nostrils to halt soreness in winter.
Hydrating night treatment
For a midnight mask, mix it with a couple of drops of oil (try argon or coconut).
A cheekbone highlighter
Dab it onto your cheekbones (on top of your makeup) for a subtle glossy highlight.
Glitter eye shadow
Got loose glitter? Mix it to make an eye shadow and layer onto the eyelids with a patting technique
BOOST YOUR TRAFFIC WITH THIS TOOLS
If You aren't getting FREE traffic from pinterest you are doing something wrong! Tailwind is one great tool to help you pin faster and easier on pinterest! Gain Re-pins and Followers witch will bring traffic to your new Blog with Tailwind!If you havent try the free plan you can sign up through my special invitation link just for my readers :) (You guys are awesome!).
Through this invitation You will also get a 1 Month 15$ worth FREE Tailwind to try the amazing features that will Boost your Blog! Give it a try :) I Love it!
GREAT DEALS FOR WEB HOSTING A BLOG
One important step with Starting a blog is choosing the right Hosting Service! Bluehost is a amazing hosting platform! It's Powering Over 2 Million Websites Worldwide and it's the #1 recommended web hosting by WordPress.org. (Say what?!) Every account features 1-click WordPress installation (Super helpful feature!).
I Love the fact that they offer a Money-Back guarantee within 30 days of signing up. They also have Over $150 In advertising offers from Google, Bing, and other leading sites to help grow your business! How amazing is that?!
Their Basic plan starts from $7.99/month But with my special link just for you my readers you can get it for $3.95/month plus a FREE Domain ($11.99 value)!! Amazing right?! I Know! Start your blog in just few minutes from now!
GREAT AFFILIATES TO JOIN TODAY!
If you are looking for affiliate programs in order to gain extra income from your blog i recommend trying Flexoffers! FlexOffers is an award-winning affiliate marketing network that have a growing collection of 12,000+ affiliate programs, which can be promoted using text links or Blog banners etc. FlexOffers have advertisers across all categories offering premium payouts! I have tried Flexoffers and i think they have some great deals. I think you should give it a try, It's Free!
YOUTUBE SEO & TRAFFIC BOOSTING TOOLS
I Just love Tubebuddy! It has help me grow my YouTube channel to over 3K Subscribers! How it did it?
Tubebuddy has this features that can help you boost your videos SEO and directly bring your videos into the search results of YouTube & even Google!
Few of the features i use in the FREE Tubebuddy plan:
- Tag Explorer (find out if a topic is worth making a video for)
- Upload Checklist (are you skipping some important steps when uploading a video?)
- Suggested Tags (it suggests some tags i never through for!)!
I say give Tubebuddy a try and see your video views and income sky rock! Join Thousands of Satisfied YouTubers like me!